So we're almost half way through a new month. Can't believe how fast time seriously goes.. It's supposedly the month of celebrating love, in the countries that officially celebrates feb. 14 as heartsday that is or any other dates in this month.
Just read wikipedia’s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day
My choice of title, merely goes to a song I just heard on the radio; it actually goes "don't look for love, don't look for love.. 'cause love will look for you.." hahaha over and over again! It fits with the sentence I keep hearing from people after asking me of updates about the love part of my life... "it will come, when you least expect it" they will say with sympathy in their voices.. hahaha, it is so true, they do that! ;) haha
This is the month of love; I’ll be positive and purple (I don’t like pink and it would sound wrong to say red :p)
A friend who’s found love when he least expected, went home for a holiday, met a friend’s cousin who he had met a few times before on previous trips home, and this time cupid got them both.. he’s a great man and deserves this more than anyone, it’s still a long and challenging journey for them as it is long distance.. but told him, that it could be a positive thing starting out this way, as they will really work for it from the start.. and not like other’s who’s been used to being together to thereby learn to live and love from a afar. He showed me his DIY valentinesgift for her, and whoa.. in tagalog “kinikilig ako” for them.. And was teasing him; that he’s blooming and looks happy... I have a good feeling about this, dear friend... don’t worry, just enjoy it :)
Another friend who has mastered the long distant relationship i know is smiling and waking up everyday to short chats with her fianceĆ© and endless calls of “i miss you”s, “i love you”s and “please eat on time”s to seemingly be living in this super hectic and busy everyday schedules, filled with meetings, official letters, foreign guests, seminars, walking tours as part of the itinerary, but never too tired, never too stressed to share her energy and purple view of love and life... thank you.
Someone I share zodiac sign with, I had a chat with today; she told me she got acquainted with a few men from her past.. but she wasn’t interested and she chose to do her usual ways, and I told her, dear if we continue our paths like this, maybe we won’t get anywhere.. and she laughed. But I do know, dear, that we will.. as I know when the right one turns up, he will make you change your ways, without you noticing... ;)
Today, I spent with two couples who have kids, all sweet in their own ways, I was joking and asking who I would babysit for on monday, at first they were hestitant, then they started, are you serious, till lastly being bold and saying, maybe you could sit them all three... I just hope for you couples out there, not to forget to let yourselves fall in love again from time to time.. whether you have kids or not.. valentines day is also an excuse to escape normal routines ;)
As it says in wikipedia, and the tale of valentines day, it may be different from country to country, what it’s called, which day it is celebrated, how you celebrate, which gifts you give etc. It has its own history and in modern times, it is actually mostly commercial, some people make use of it to more openly show affection to their loved ones, and some just like traditions, chocolates and “heart” gifts.
I am usually not into celebrating valentines day, but some couples might need an excuse to just be together and show the world their affection, without caring if anyone notices, because this is the day to do so. I live in a country where “american” traditions have not exactly been the most popular part of culture. Though as it is partly a commercial thing, flower boutiques and gifts shops are pushing to popularize the tradition, and who knows maybe the future citizens will appreciate the opportunity the traditions gives them on this day.
I remember my ex boyfriend, who’s been largely influenced by USA, as he lived there for some years, used to give me flowers every year on valentines day.
"Sweetie, fear less - hope more, eat less - chew more, whine less - breathe more, talk less - say more, love more, and all good things will be yours." - amora 18/10-10 (lol)
I have a plan this year; to “feel more and think less”, reminding my self that in this particular month is probably suitable.
To all the singles out there "don't look for love", buy yourself your favorite chocolates, go out and eat a great dinner and... “smile every minute of the day... you never know who is falling in love with it” ;)
To the couples out there; if you've found it, do hold on to it.. enjoy it and have a great heart month! :)
Just read wikipedia’s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day
My choice of title, merely goes to a song I just heard on the radio; it actually goes "don't look for love, don't look for love.. 'cause love will look for you.." hahaha over and over again! It fits with the sentence I keep hearing from people after asking me of updates about the love part of my life... "it will come, when you least expect it" they will say with sympathy in their voices.. hahaha, it is so true, they do that! ;) haha
This is the month of love; I’ll be positive and purple (I don’t like pink and it would sound wrong to say red :p)
A friend who’s found love when he least expected, went home for a holiday, met a friend’s cousin who he had met a few times before on previous trips home, and this time cupid got them both.. he’s a great man and deserves this more than anyone, it’s still a long and challenging journey for them as it is long distance.. but told him, that it could be a positive thing starting out this way, as they will really work for it from the start.. and not like other’s who’s been used to being together to thereby learn to live and love from a afar. He showed me his DIY valentinesgift for her, and whoa.. in tagalog “kinikilig ako” for them.. And was teasing him; that he’s blooming and looks happy... I have a good feeling about this, dear friend... don’t worry, just enjoy it :)
Another friend who has mastered the long distant relationship i know is smiling and waking up everyday to short chats with her fianceĆ© and endless calls of “i miss you”s, “i love you”s and “please eat on time”s to seemingly be living in this super hectic and busy everyday schedules, filled with meetings, official letters, foreign guests, seminars, walking tours as part of the itinerary, but never too tired, never too stressed to share her energy and purple view of love and life... thank you.
Someone I share zodiac sign with, I had a chat with today; she told me she got acquainted with a few men from her past.. but she wasn’t interested and she chose to do her usual ways, and I told her, dear if we continue our paths like this, maybe we won’t get anywhere.. and she laughed. But I do know, dear, that we will.. as I know when the right one turns up, he will make you change your ways, without you noticing... ;)
Today, I spent with two couples who have kids, all sweet in their own ways, I was joking and asking who I would babysit for on monday, at first they were hestitant, then they started, are you serious, till lastly being bold and saying, maybe you could sit them all three... I just hope for you couples out there, not to forget to let yourselves fall in love again from time to time.. whether you have kids or not.. valentines day is also an excuse to escape normal routines ;)
As it says in wikipedia, and the tale of valentines day, it may be different from country to country, what it’s called, which day it is celebrated, how you celebrate, which gifts you give etc. It has its own history and in modern times, it is actually mostly commercial, some people make use of it to more openly show affection to their loved ones, and some just like traditions, chocolates and “heart” gifts.
I am usually not into celebrating valentines day, but some couples might need an excuse to just be together and show the world their affection, without caring if anyone notices, because this is the day to do so. I live in a country where “american” traditions have not exactly been the most popular part of culture. Though as it is partly a commercial thing, flower boutiques and gifts shops are pushing to popularize the tradition, and who knows maybe the future citizens will appreciate the opportunity the traditions gives them on this day.
I remember my ex boyfriend, who’s been largely influenced by USA, as he lived there for some years, used to give me flowers every year on valentines day.
"Sweetie, fear less - hope more, eat less - chew more, whine less - breathe more, talk less - say more, love more, and all good things will be yours." - amora 18/10-10 (lol)
I have a plan this year; to “feel more and think less”, reminding my self that in this particular month is probably suitable.
To all the singles out there "don't look for love", buy yourself your favorite chocolates, go out and eat a great dinner and... “smile every minute of the day... you never know who is falling in love with it” ;)
To the couples out there; if you've found it, do hold on to it.. enjoy it and have a great heart month! :)

3 comments:
happy valentines my dear lil katkat :) imaginary roses and chocolates for you with a big big hug... its the thought that counts remember hihihi
oo nga ate kat. hintay hintay lang. darating din yan. tingnan mo ako, lolo na maya maya hehehe. hehe nakakatulong ba mag reminisce? minsan sa akin, minsan hindi lol.
happy purple hearts day :-)
@tejoy, char char lang.. di parin ako bumabati :p pero back atcha! love u! mwaaah!
@bruh M; hehe.. may ganun?! darating ang alin? :p weeeeeh basta purple hearts na nga lang po lolo! yihaaaaa!!
Post a Comment