Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stars are blind...


One of my friend's said it's been almost a year since our trip last Sept. where he came to visit from Japan, to see Europe for the first time and visit me and his best friend in Norway simultaneously. I told him when he left, I'd blog about it, and I did, I just didn't post it, so now returning to my post aiming to finish it for the one year anniversary of our trip. LOL

September last year, friends and I parted after spending 4 days, exploring 4 cities in 3 different countries. If any of these two people read the title, they will know what it means, yep self-declaring Paris Hilton's song as our main song theme for the trip. Personally I'd prefer Maroon 5's "Move Like Jagger", as that was pretty loud on our trip too.

So going back to the start I met one of these notorious people in my hometown, as he is a friend of my cousins who was staying in Norway at that time, so without being serious at all, while being very humorous we got along pretty well, and the friendship developed into a close one across seas, I'll call him bruh C. I've visited Norway a few times, and we've had our short trips in the mountains. He then introduced me to his bestfriend, here we'll call him bruh M. Making his living in Tokyo, Japan and through email correspondence all three of us have had the most non-serious conversations through these couple of years.

Our friendship moves into the next level as bruh M finally decides to visit Europe, as soon as we acknowledge this was not a joke, we started planning for a short trip together to accompany bruh M in other places of Northern Europe.

It was an ambitious first time to meet bruh M, as his flight was shceduled to arrive at 07:40 am. My organisation had an event that day, also starting in the morning, so a colleague would pick me up and drop me off at the airport on the way to the event. Though the planned set-up, to stand ready in the arrival hall next to the big banner saying "Welcome" while waiving the flags, kind of did not happen. Bruh M texted me at approx. 07:02 am saying his plane had landed already! I couldn't get to the airport faster than planned, so bruh M just waited for me at the arrival hall, and with no waiving flags and no banner, completely confused and lack of sleep I get to the airport and meet bruh M for the first time.

We managed to scheduled a few things prior to his arrival, so after we dropped of his things at my place, had a very simple breakfast, we met a model bruh M would shoot while I would facilitate our event.
The next couple of days, we toured my hometown, and went to the neighboring country too.
Bruh M proceeded to Germany, returned after a few days, and we started our short journey to Brussels, EU’s capital. 

We met up with bruh C at the ariport already :) and to start the tour in bruh M's manner - when we arrived in Brussels, bruh M's suitcase did not turn up! :p Filling out the neccesary forms, we head out with bruh C's and my own luggage to meet  a wife of another friend came at the arrival hall. She had to collect some things I had agreed to bring from my friend's mother. 
After finally getting to our hotel, napping for a few hours, I reunite with another dear friend, bruh N, who acted as the perfect tour guide on our very short stay. 

The city was full of festivities and seemingly perfect for the last hot weekend of the year, we got to see all the main tourist attractions, and if you’ve happen to visit this EU capital, it would be as interesting to just sit and hold a beer in one hand while holding a Belgian chocolate in the other hand. 

Brugge or Gent was some of the other charming towns to see, we chose Brugge and found it really lived up to the charm that it was rumored to possess. After the tons of photos, the souvenir shopping and the chocolate boxes neatly pushed into the small bags of ours we were now headed to the neigboring Luxembourg.

Bruh N took a day tour with us to Luxembourg, as it isn't the biggest city, there is not that much to see. We decided for our second day, we would take a day tour to France, to a small town by the border, and just like that, it became a 4 day trips to 4 different cities.
It didn't take long to travel by train to Thionville, and indeed a small town it is. We were laughing when we google'd it and stated it was a 5 photos city. For us amateur photographers that wasn't too impressive, but we went and have decided never to visit Thionville again. LOL

We parted after a short stopover in the airport of my hometown, and the two best friends continued to visit the beautiful mountains of Bergen, Norway.

It's been a year, and I know I could have described it better when the experience was still fresh. I'd say stars aren't blind, for all the cases of bringing random people close like this, someone must be watching and twinkling from above. I'm so not a fan of Paris Hilton in any way, but her song made this encounter even more entertaining and for that, I guess this is our theme song. LOL

(I'll post pictures soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment