
In my head I suddenly started singing ".. living out this life I've chose, and come to know so well..."
hahaha.. serious blog post continues..
My organisation is going through some identity crisis. Though maybe, the board members are going through identity crisis. I'm the youngest, all are in the start or at the end of their thirties.
The organisation has evolved from being merely a friendship organisation arranging social activities and festivities, we have now become more involved in participating in the local community and not be ignorant to the fact that we should be more visible. we should be heard.
I feel young and most of the time restless. I feel I have too much time on my hand and things has to be done.
I do have fun too. don't get me wrong! I'm just in an age where, most of my friends are married, have children or seemingly in a marriage-like relationship and somehow those things limit social activities with friends.
Fair enough singing "leader of the band " in my head again. hahaha.
Yeah, I am a busy woman, I like being busy, I accept project offers frequently, I search new projects all the time, and as if I am doing nothing, not only do I continue this blog, but a few weeks back I contacted an acquaintaince or a friend, but I have never had the chance to really see how well we click. I told her, you have a career, you're married, you have kids, you practically don't have time to listen to me, but what do you say if we start up a women's network together!? For young professional women, single, married, w/ or w/out children, peak of their careers, studies or the such and one thing in common.. having a string to the Philippines.
Now comes the quote...

"We are women first" - AG
...before being daughters, mothers, sisters, wives, caregivers, workers, nurses, lawyers, au pairs, doctors, domestic helpers, teachers, aaountants etc.
hahaha.. don't want to express too much of my feminists view here,
but these are my thoughts, my observations and learnings...
I'm 29 years old. I have a to-do list before I reach a new personal era...
A friend suggested I write a book!
I thought, well I have so much information, I have access to information,
I will study how to use it,
I will learn where to share it.
I will network.
No comments:
Post a Comment