
Isn't there always a blog about one's mother? Here's mine...
My mother left the day before yesterday to accompany her older sister and the husband to the Philippines. My aunt who only finished 6th grade elementary, listens carefully when you explain to her how things work, sometimes she takes it in, sometimes she doesn't understand.. Mother of six, all grown up, grandmother of four girls, and one boy to come. Her husband relies on her to get his clothes ready before he leaves the house, they always eat together, and like the good old days, she really is the mother of the house. All the first names of eldest grandchildren of each child, is named something with her name. That's awesome.
While having spoken to my aunt, I realized sometimes you do need to speak your mind, 'cause not everyone knows what you know, not everyones sees what you see. May they be less educated than you, may they be higher educated than you, may they be less experienced or even more experienced, may they be older or even younger.. make them listen. we'll only learn.

I love my mother, I cannot say she has been all lovable this year, but in my 29 years I probably only disliked her in 6 months in total. Note, I am the eldest of two, I was never rebelous, or maybe now I am? I'm a family person, so really I am telling the truth about 6 months in total!
My mother's been through a lot this last year and even some years before that. Getting separated from the one you love, loved and thought you were growing old with is never easy whether you have kids or none, whether the kids are still young or all grown up. You handle it differently on different stages, but I don't believe it's ever easy.
I admire her, and love her smile.
I like travelling with my mother, next year we're planning to take a tour to the West Coast of the US.
I hope she knows how much my sister and I love her, sometimes we are not the best daughters in the world.
But we cherish her, and I must admit she did a good job raising us :)
I even love her for the times I cried as a little girl, and she would irritatingly say; do you want me to give you a reason to cry like that! meaning she would pinch my ear, or slap me slightly on my bottom. She seldomly did the last one, that was my father's job. Hahaha.. yeah, it can be discussed whether ot not that's a good method to include in raising a child, it's even illegal here. I respect it in some senses, children can be cruel.
Sorry for that ma ;)
She would always explain to us how things work, and why it is so, until now she does, even if at times we know more about the subject than she does :) I listen and smile, and sometimes I say; I know ma, I told you that! ;)
It's funny how people raise their kids so differently, I admire them for really being patient and some persistent. One rather new story came up from my "big sister", a relative who we grew up with, and am very close to, one of my best friends; she has a son, my godson and is expecting another. So her son knows she's pregnant, and as a kid will, he asked how the baby got in there! I laughed so hard, and thought, yep this shall be good. I won't write what she said to him; but she got some good advice from colleagues and it's funny, when you're proud of your kid being all curious, smart and wanting to know stuff. And suddenly you have to answer that! Hahaha..
Funny why I dislike cats, we grew up on in 3 room apartment, after work of course my mother has to pick up us kids, cook some food and what ever else she would be doing, in the evening she would like to rest so she would have the both of us with her in the livingroom, and if we'd go to the bedrooms, she'd go; there's a cat there! and make a meow sound! hahaha.. Until this day, my sister and I dislike cats, esp. their meows!
And funny how the roles have changed, reminding my mom frequently to remember not to eat too much of that unhealthy edible stuff, to remember this, to remember that, assisting her with technological matters, helping/accompanying her with practical and financial stuff.. yeah, I guess it pays off being good to your kids ;) hehehe
I'm slight feverish at the moment, and usually as it is just around the corner, I go to my mother and get pampered when I'm not feeling well.
I miss her.
I hope she'll enjoy her vacation, rather short, but I hope she know this is her journey and she'll be happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment