Sunday, November 21, 2010

Snow globes...

i havent blogged for a while..
went to see a dear friend of mine, who’s been blessed to pay a visit to the cold north.. that’s 2,5 weeks ago.. she went to three countries in 20 days :) and it was some awesome 7 days to spend with her.. (in two countries hihi) although it was too short..
was inspired to blog before and after seeing her, but didn’t have the heart to finish the few posts i started.. now will write this, to get my mood back.. it’s been 1,5 weeks since she left me here in the cold.. a lot has happened, and funny enough sometimes we do cause these unfortunate things to ourselves...
just before my friend left, i looked for my old sketch pads in some dusty boxes I have on top of my cabinets... I found this snow globe, from Rome.. In it is the colosseum, when shaken, white artificial snow beautifully falls around it.. I wanted to throw it out, and my friend asked me not to, she said she’d bring it back home to Pinas, but she didn’t. I’m now kind of glad she didn’t it actually calms me looking at it.. funny enough..
putting something so big and incredible in this tiny glass ball with this illusion of snow is sweet and ironic at the same time...
Imagine, putting everything wonderful in this tiny glass, everything that calms you truly, everything that makes you laugh, everything that makes you cry and happy at the same time... everything that inspires you, encourages you and strengthens you...
i love Rome, I’ve been there several times, 4-5 times I think? I don’t remember exactly.. Am hoping that my next visit to Italy will be to a different city, but I will definitely return to Rome a few times in the future... A beautiful city of history and character... I have mixed memories from there, but all through my young adult life, I’ve learned and decided not to let bad or even good memories interfere with the beauty and character of a geographic place, it should be separate thoughts. I mean you can’t be blamed if it reminds you a little or if you return to a place because it was the place you had most fun in, but sometimes you just have to let go and enjoy the moment where ever you are. The place and people are just a good or even a bad part of it... 
i’d buy that snow globe... I need something that can calm me, make me smile instantly, that can inspire me, and encourage me.. make me cry for longing and make me happy for the memories.. I appreciate my life, and sometimes that’s all it takes.
it snowed here for the first time the other day.. Not bad, but December is truly getting closer now, christmas is getting closer... 

uploaded a simple picture this time, haven't updated my flickr yet:)

2 comments:

fairysays@blogspot.com said...

Could this be a sign that the same friend mentioned herein will go to ROME with you the next time?Then you can confine another awesome memories in this cystal circle...And when you needed inspiration to keep you going, just glance at this calmness ball...

dalap7 said...

It could be a sign of anything we want, am sure my friend and I will confine in new awesome and interesting moments wherever the wind will bring us to.. inspiration and calmness indeed fulfilled by the magic of this funny and cheesy souvenir! hihi

Post a Comment